Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, October 12, 2015

WEEK 36- I'm 20?!?!?

This day has been so crazy! I went on a plane, on a bus and sat for a long time, but the good news is that I am in my new area: PORTIMÃO. It’s on the ocean and it is beautifulllll! From what I have seen. The very most southern point of the country. I seriously feel like I am in another country. (Hehe) I saw a parrot! =D And there is enough space on the sidewalk to walk next to my companion! It’s great! My new comp is Sister Olsen, and she is super cool! I am so psyched to help this branch and just explode with energy to help the Lord in this part of the world. I love you all and I cannot believe that I AM 20 YEARS OLD. LIKE WHUT??!

It was hard to say goodbye to Minda, Marco, and Joanna. When we got the transfer call we rannn over to their house to say goodbye. =’( Everyone was crying. I was totally in shock. I thought for sure I would stay one more. I realize that I don’t know anything about the continent and I hardly know any missionaries in our mission. But I am so excited to meet everyone and totally make miracles happen! It broke my heart to see Paulo Jorge, Joanna, and Minda crying...They will always be in my heart as well as the rest of the Azores. Too many names to name everyone, but you know who you are. <3 They were my family. They will always be special to me. <3 I am totallyyyy going to go back one day and visit. They were such a great part of my life!

I am alive. I am well. Thank you all for the birthday emails. I opened up my account and almost fell down because THERE WERE 63 EMAILS! Hahahha weeee I’m popular! (lol normally it’s like a solid 10 emails) Thank you all for the support and love. I won’t let you down!
Loves,

Sister “Grown Up Now” Barron

Pictures of Portimao, Portugal (Mom/Editor pulled off Pinterest)-