Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 57-Trooper!

 SHE CAN NOT BE STOPPED =)
She is healing from a knee injury.
 Contacts with crutches. =) It's actually really fun because people contact US! She made a good friend and we decided to take a picture. (We are milking these babies for all they are worth! =D )


 After an exhausting day.

This week we went on a division. It was really fun! Sister Oliver is super sweet and served with Sister Aiono, taking care of her and her injured knee. I reunited with Sister Neves! We relived the good times on the Azores and ran around Portugal preaching the worddddd.

Letter Home:

So last Pday when we were at the Zoo, my companion took a tumble and fell on her knee. She was fine in the moment, and we still saw all the animals (I even saw a goat! Flashbacks!) but that night when we got back it started hurting really bad. There was this moment when we were sitting on the stairs of a giant apartment building in the dark and the cold and she started feeling a lot of pain. She couldn’t sit or stand. I knew she was hurting a lot so I tried really hard not to giggle as she balanced on one leg like a flamingo. She knows I love her:) We had to struggle to get back to our apartment building, which took like 2 hours. I helped her the best I could and at one point I was literally carrying her on my back. It was quite the funny sight. We had to eventually stop because we were laughing so hard I couldn’t keep going. So this week I have been taking good care of her. We ice her knee, keep it elevated, and try to not go crazy in our house. Elder Soares, the Mozambiquen elder in our ward, has learned a new English word in her honor: gimp. Haha! Don’t worry we love her!

We have still been able to work, having a division with other Sisters and then catching rides with some members for our appointments. We even had a new investigator come to church! His name is Helder, which is ironic. He is a friend of a member (Mariano). After Sister Aiono recited the first vision for him, he took out his phone and played a Christian rock song for us. Everyone reacts to feeling the spirit differently! It’s great.

So for something new, I have started learning Spanish. I am reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and I watch videos in Spanish. It’s so fascinating because I almost understand all of it! I am so excited to find this out! They say that Portuguese speakers can understand Spanish, but Spanish speakers can’t understand Portuguese. Wheeeee! I officially want to be trilingual. Oh my gosh, I remind myself of my Father sometimes. 

 I have helped some Sisters in really desperate situations. It’s sometimes really hard but I know I can do it. I just think of a part in my Patriarchal Blessing that talks about how I will work with and bless the lives of young women. This has happened multiple times throughout my life, from being Laurel class president, to teaching a primary class of little girls, to Relief Society teacher, to teaching Young Women in the mission to, making friends with Portuguese girls, to helping my companions, to exercising my leadership to help a Sister that is in need. I can’t help but feel that this will continue my whole life.

At least you don’t have to use crutches.....It actually really stinks! Especially in a mission where everything is on foot!

I love you ALL and I send my love!

Sister Barron