Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, July 20, 2015

WEEK 24- Eating Lots Of Octopus Over Here! (kinda chewy but good)


 I have been on the island for 6 weeks! 
One transfer. Sister McChesney and I are both staying here!!! Yay! I'M SO HAPPY, I DIDN'T WANT HER TO LEAVE ME!


A baby!

 She's the BEST!



This is a family who took us on a little trip today. Alexandra and Immanuel. Her daughter Priscilla is at BYUI right now! They are a great family and really strong in the gospel. She was the FIRST woman to serve a mission from the Azores. What a cool legacy!
The Sete Cidades is where we went today.

My Letter Home:

Good week everyone! 

I don't have a ton of time, but I just wanted to tell all of you I love you and I am doing sosososo great! 

This week I had to teach the family night in our branch. I taught about Daniel and the lions den. This is a story we all know but we don't really reflect on very often. I talked about how Daniel just completely trusted in the Lord. I want to learn that kind of trust. To just completely follow my Fathers counsel, and fall into faith and trust in Him.

Congrats to all my friends who are entering the mission field! It is an awesome adventure! It will not be all easy! (But it is all possible.) Don't ever lose your sight for how you want to return in the end. Do you want to return with regrets? OF COURSE NOT! Don't ever be disobedient. Sometimes it is really hard, but that feeling when you choose the right even when you don't think anyone is looking are the moments that matter the most.

I love you all so much! Sister Barron


PS. Today for p-day we went to a place called Sete Cidades. Basically it is a bunch of beautiful lakes and views. It was super foggy, but we still had a lot of fun. 
Fun Fact: it has rained ever single p-day since I came here, but not any other day! WHYYYYYYYYYYY