Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, November 9, 2015

WEEK 40-NINE MONTHS YALL!

 Joking around with my camera on the LONGG train ride to Zone Conference. 
It was a lot of FUN!


Zone Conference was amazing! We got to see our Mission President. He and his wife are totally inspired and wonderful leaders.
 Wow Portugal is pretty. Luckily the weather this week was FANTASTIC. I am still wearing short sleeves.........for now.
This is the view from our balcony at our apartment in Portimao. Totes beautiful!
 (The pink building is my eye candy.)
Haha! I took the traditional prego picture for my nine month mark. I think it's like a rule or something that all sisters have to do this. Haha! Too funny.......it was a balloon people!
(Note from the editor: It's true. Paige/me on my mission in CA 20 somethin years ago. Apparently I was expecting quads at least.....)

My Letter Home:

This week I officially hit MY NINE MONTH MARK! Halfway, whoooo! It doesn’t even feel real. Like, I still feel like a greenie. I cannot believe that I am on the downhill slope. It is all going too fast! I just got here, people! For my halfway mark, I wanted to go out and eat sushi for lunch. I loveeee sushi, it was one of my last meals in Bentonville, so I was totally psyched. Sister Olsen was a little apprehensive, but like an angel she agreed to go with me. It was so much fun! I ate a tonnn of sushi, and even coaxed Sister Olsen to eat squid! Haha she was a total trooper, I am horrible :) ("eat it! now! oneee...twooo....three!) It was a great day for sure, and we talked with everyone in our path! Yeahhhh mission life is fun. It’s the little things:)

So this week we had Zone Conference. That means all the missionaries from the Algarve (the southern part of Portugal) all got on trains and buses and met up in one chapel to hear the words of our Mission President. It is always a miracle when we manage to get to the desired destination here in Portugal. After missing countless numbers of trains and buses, I do NOT trust in the public transportation. =) It was really fun to see all the other missionaries! A lot of them I had never seen before in my life, so it was fun to meet them. There are only 3 duplas (sets) of Sisters in the Algarve, but it was fun to see them. We have to stick together amongst this sea of white shirts and ties!

My last companion, Sister Neves, sent me a package for my birthday in October and I finally got it. It was sooo full of chocolate! She is the best and I miss her like crazy!

This week the weather started off horrible and gradually got better. It was raining GATOS E CÃES but eventually let up and now it is beautiful outside. I am sooo grateful that I am in the south of Portugal for the winter. What a perfect place to be! 

This week playing piano in church was a disaster. I totally goofed and messed up a bunch. The cherry on top is that the branch here wants to do a special music number for conference next weekend and who is the pianist? ME. Oh my goodnessss....we will be singing "Carry On" and that song is not very easy!  But I can play it, I just have to say a few dozen prayers beforehand. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for everything!

Sister Barron
 Sister Olsen with her fishy friend!
 We went on a walk with Sara! It was so beautiful!


 Lots of clover!
 See any four leaf?
 Cute signs.

 Lots of seagulls all over our area!
 This is Rosa! We visit her every week :) She has been a member for 5 years, but no longer can go to church, so we visit her! SHE IS SO CUTE! She even does her makeup every day :) 
Isn't she beautiful.
This says, "The Lard Building"