Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, November 16, 2015

WEEK 41-Fountain Frolic!

 This is a part of our area. It is a touristy part. It is SOOO cute and I know Mommy that you would love it.......lots of little Portugal trinkets to buy. =)
This is a part of the package Sister Neves sent me. Okay, story time. This is a joke guys: It says "If any of you lack wisdom, drink more!" Haha So on the Azores we lived really close to a bar and ALL DAY EVERYDAY there were drunk men there. In our church we don't drink alcohol, so as a joke between the two of us, me and Sister McChesney started kidding around that it was a rule that they HAD to be there and if they left they would be punished! It was really funny ("AT YOUR POSTS MEN") and whatnot. So one night we passed and there were the usual group of drunkards there but we were safe because we were with our friend Paulo Jorge and I exclaimed, as a joke "If any of you lack wisdom, drink more!" and Paulo Jorge CRACKED UP and from that day forward he started telling this story to EVERYONE. I kid you not, I heard this story 100 times. I am afraid that it will become some legend or something. =/ Not really what I wanted my legacy on the Azores to be! Opps! Haha! Sister Barron better watch her jokes. Lol! They might be posted on the internet! =0

My Letter Home:


       Hey guys! So in our area, there is a town square with like a splash pad that kids will sometimes play in. Recently it has been abandoned because it has started getting a little cold. I would always say to Sister Olsen that I would PLAY IN IT one of these days. Well, that day came. We were walking on the way to our apartment at the end of the day, and we passed the squirting water. I slowed down and me and my comp made eye contact. My eyebrows raised... I gave her my bag, my coat, my planner, and I RAN THROUGH THE FREEZING COLD FOUNTAIN in my dress! Haha it was so funny! We started cracking up like crazy and Sister Olsen said "Sister Barron, I have to finish my mission with you! I will never get trunky!" (Haha I take that as a huge compliment:)

        The Zone Leaders played a prank on us this week. It was really funny but really annoyingggg at the same time! They called us during weekly planning and said that we would be having a surprise cleaning check in 20 minutes. We looked at each other with shock in our eyes. As soon as we hung up the phone we started SCREAMING and cleaning the house like crazy. We were throwing things away and sweeping like we would die. It was the fastest we have ever cleaned our house. After about half an hour and no one knocking our door, we called the Zone Leaders and they just started laughing. Those stinkers. In the end, our house is sparkling clean now. We sent them a text with the scripture 2 Nephi 9:34. Haha you can look it up if you want. 
( Link: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/9.34?lang=eng

We had a conference this weekend on Saturday. We ended up bringing our investigator named Ricardo with us. We had met him in the street a few days earlier. It is a long way away, but some members offered to give us a ride in their car. There was room for us and Ricardo. The problem we didn’t foresee: Ricardo gets car sick. Soooo in this little trip, after meeting all the people in the car a few minutes earlier, our friend ended up barfing a total of 3 times. It was super awkward and funny. We were trying not to laugh, it was actually really sad. But Ricardo was a trooper. He just kept telling us that it had passed....right before he barfed again. The members all looking so uncomfortable. The best part was that the whole time Celine Dion was playing on the radio ("Allll byy myselfffffffff" *barf*) He ended up LOVING conference and accepting the invite for baptism! Haha he is so funny and sweet. The mission is a huge funny, awkward story.

         We met this man in the street one day when we were in Lagoa. He was an interesting looking guy, tattoos and rings and chains. But hey, I have already seen way weirder so we just started talking to him. I think he was a little drunk. But we went and sat on a bench in a park and started talking to him. He said that ever since his wife had left him he was super depressed. He said he wanted to end his life. We all just sat there in silence for a little while. We testified that he was SO PRECIOUS to our Heavenly Father and that he had so very much to live for. He cried. It was a powerful testimony to me of the love our Heavenly Father has for each one of us. Every sheep that is a little lost, Jesus will go after them!  I like to think that sometimes we are like helping shepherds or something. Anyway, it was an awesome experience and on Sunday he was able to have lunch with us in a members house and afterwards come to conference with us. It was a great experience. I hope he will continue on this path.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Barron