Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 77: God Loves You

 We all love Shadi so much. 
She came to church with us this Sunday!


 Hanging out with Shadi at the park. She is so awesome. (They made me jump into this empty pool. Haha)


 She didn't smile for the pic, but this is Virginia! She is awesome! We love her.
 Our area at sundown.
 Ballrad with Virginia!
Our Prep Day tandem adventure!


 

 I found out riding a tandem can have it's challenges.....=D
 Cool wall art near Joaos house.



Letter Home:
So last week started off with us getting to ride on tandem bikes for Pday! Me and Sister Call were all gung-ho to go and.....within the first five minutes we crashed. Hahah the streets of Portugal are crazy! There was a bus behind us and I panicked. Luckily Sister Call got away with a little bruise on her hand. I, on the other hand, got a bruised knee, and scratched elbow, hands, and hip. At least my face was saved, I need to be able to get married someday. ;)

The theme of this week is an amazing lady we met named Virginia! Last week when we went to the cute dance at the old folks home, she noticed us talking to all the old folks and she wondered who we were. So she came out of the building, despite her sensitivity to sun, and talked to Sister Call. She is so sweet, really white with really soft hands and a cute accent from Madeira. She is an older lady with a really sweet personality. She has trouble walking. The first time we went to her house, she was so excited to see us. When we said the first prayer to open up the lesson, i opened my eyes and she was just crying big crocodile tears. We stayed silent for a minute which is something rare for 3 experienced missionaries that like to talk. Then I took her hand and I said "God loves you. You are a special daughter of Him." She closed her eyes and gripped my hand surprisingly tight for an old lady. She started trembling and she whispered, facing the sky, "Thank you, Jesus." We continued with the lesson, and she said she felt something really special that she didn’t know how to describe. She said she saw a light. We continued on and taught the Plan of Salvation, which really applies to her since she had her husband and two children die in a car accident years ago.

Later on, my comps went to her house and they taught her the story of Joseph Smith (I was on a division with an Irmã of the ward. So I didn’t actually get to go) and during the lesson they showed her the picture of Joseph Smith and the First Vision. She stopped and said "I have seen this picture before. Last time, when the other servant of Heavenly Father took my hand, I saw a light. I didn’t know what it was. But I saw this image. I didn’t understand what it was, but now I know" She knows this message is true and she knows she has found the right path. She is so special and we know that it is a grand privilege to meet her. She is so committed and special and believes that we truly are servants of the Lord. I truly felt the power of the Spirit of the Lord in that moment when I took her hand. She is being guided to the truth by the family members that have passed away. Virginia is so awesome.

I love you all so much! Miracles happen in the true church of Jesus Christ.

Sister Barron