Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 74: Land Of The Free!

 Our "Murica" party that we had today. 
We went all out! 



 This is a little girl from the branch named Ana.

Ana and Arthur :)

 This is Irma Silvina. She is AWESOME and took us to visit 4 of her neighbors this week. That is some great member missionary work!

 This is our investigator Conceicao. She is so funny! This pose she insisted on can give you a glimpse of her personality. :) She has set her baptismal date! I love her!

 Look at this adorable carousel!!!! Our friend gave us a ride for a Euro and took our picture! #blessings


 Awkward Primary songbook pics. 
Who created these?



Letter Home:
So as a challenge of President at the start of this transfer, we have been going on splits with Irma’s from our branch everyday. It is so fun. Two of us will go and do contacts or go to another appointment and the other one with leave with an Irma and go visit other people. It is weird to not be with another missionary, but the people of this branch are totally stepping up to the challenge. We are having a ton of success and last week we had 8 lessons with member! Whoop!

Today as a district we had the most epic “MURICA” party you have ever seen. We totally went all out with decorations, American food, and a round of CAPTURE THE FLAG with water balloons at the end. It was so fun! Our chapel was the perfect playing ground because it has 3 levels.

This week we had dinner with an Irma from our ward named Irma Biggersson. She is Swedish and she speaks Swedish and English fluently. She is a totally active member of the church, despite the fact that she doesn’t speak any Portuguese. I always translate for her on Sundays and I love it, despite the fact that it is like my brain is being squeezed. I have a lot of pity for translators. That is probably one of the most difficult jobs. Anyways, Irma Biggersson is awesome because she has her own business that has to do with therapy with parents. She inspired me a lot and I think that maybe I want to study something like that. We had so much fun talking to her and asking her questions and picking her brain apart. How did she end up in Portugal? She told us about her awesome conversion story, when she was in Sweden in her 20s the Elders knocked on her door. She told them she was not interested, but they were really persistent. They didn’t give up on the first no. I really admire that of them. Little do they know that they have a highly active member of the church that married in the temple and has 6 children of the covenant. She said she was impressed how they were first her friend, and they didn’t push her too hard. She was baptized 8 months after that first interaction. She said it was easy to have a testimony but that she needed to sum up the courage to commit herself to make this life changing decision. I really hope she can come into contact with those Elders. It would make them so happy.

Me and Sister Call had a nice talk this week and decided that we have the most excitement to work right now in our missions than any other time. It doesn’t matter that we are ending our missions in 4 weeks. I love her so much and I hope that she knows that I know that she is totally capable of doing the impossible. If her mother reads my blog, I hope she knows that her daughter is a spiritual giant. She can do hard things!

I bore my testimony at church. So weird that it was my last testimony meeting. I spoke on the Atonement.

We are determined to find a FAMILY to teach. Father, Mother, and children. THAT is what the church is centralized on. By the way, parents, my comps determined that I look like my mother but I have my Fathers  eyes. Just thought you ought to know.

Love you all!
~Sister Barron