Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 73: We Are BALLRAD!

Sisters Barron, Call and Conrad. 
Our new Tri-companionship!
 This is us today on Prep Day. Our area is along the beach. Hey! SOMEONE's got to do it. =)



 We walked by a park close to our house and saw this peacock. It was sosooo cool!
 Hi! I'm Sister Barron and 
I would like to introduce you to my afro.
 Today we also went to a Nutella cafe and ate some awesome crepes with ice cream.
 This is Sister Call. Love her!

 Me and our friend Shadi. She is so cool, she is from Venezuela and she has a bunch of family members who are LDS. We took her to a Stake Youth activity about "The Strength of Youth".
 During Mission Council I took some selfies with my Sisters in Zion. =)
  Each one is special to me. Sister Ribeiro and Sister Aiono are training this transfer, so I basically have two Grandbabies. =) I'm an oldie!

I got to do a division with Sister Rubio this week. She is so awesome! Her family lives in Brazil but her parents were both born in Chili.
 I contacted this cute girl on the street and she is in a traditional Portuguese outfit. She was on her way to dance at a fair. She taught me some moves. She was really cute.

We got ready for church on Sunday and went to leave the house and found this guy sleeping  (snorring very loud) outside our door. We tiptoed past him and skipped on our merry way to church. Lol!

Letter Home:
So you’ve heard of a bunch of great tri-companionships. Everything from The Three Stooges to The Powerpuff Girls to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. But NOTHING compares to the amazing machine of missionary work that we call Sister BALLRAD. Barron, Call and Conrad!

Basically, this is the best thing eva!!!

We love serving in a tri companionship! We are all totally able to teach well and speak Portuguese all the time and everything! When we walk in the street, we are like a gang of awesomeness! Everyone looks at us as we walk by. I have never had so many people stop to talk to us ever, most of the time contacting US. It is so fun. We all have a very similar sense of humor and we all know the same quotes from movies and everything. I am absolutely having the time of my life.

Last week we helped an Irmã named Maria Augosto make a list of all her nonmember friends. It was a really long list, to her surprise. We challenged her to mark an appointment with a friend in her house and to invite the missionaries. She was a little apprehensive, but she accepted the challenge. On Sunday, lo and behold, she shows up to church with a friend! She was so excited to show her friend to us. Maria said to me "She wasn’t even on the list! I can’t wait to get started on the list!" Haha I was so happy to see her excited to do missionary work and I hope we can get the rest of the branch on the same boat. It really is the best joy you can have!

So this week Portugal’s soccer team has been playing in the Europe cup and everyoneee has been talking about it. Sometimes we will be walking in the street and all of a sudden we will hear a scream coming from all the houses. Haha, GOAL for Portugal!!! All the members get super excited and basically no one meets with us during that time. But it’s cool.

We taught a couple from England and it was super weird to teach in English. They told us that apparently England is leaving the European Union and it is becoming a huge problem. Haha the world could be falling apart and we wouldn’t know.....

I love you all so much! Sister Ballrad loves you!