Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 71: Beijinhos To God



 We took these missionaries on a lovely tour of Cascais today for Prep-Day. They loved it to say the least! And hey, I got to hang out with Elder Foust who got his tonsils out when I got out my appendix out. Great to see him again!

Letter Home:

Dearest friends, followers and such,

This week was nutso because we had a whopping THREE divisions. I have definitely never done that before. When I finally got back to serving with Sister Bravender, we were all happy because it felt like we hadn’t seen each other in so long! After all the divisions, I was EXHAUSTED. Lots of times during divisions I feel like I am constantly receiving revelation and at the same time trying to show a good example in teaching opportunities. I am kinda excited because I have a lot of Sister friends. I know a lottt of Sisters and it’s so fun when they will randomly call just to see how we are and what we are doing. I try to always tell them a funny story of something that happened recently so that they love to call us. =) It is working well. I feel like a lot of them like me and respect me, but a lot of the time I feel a lot of pressure to be a good example.

One day, when I was on a division with Sister Selk, we sat in front of the ocean and ate hot dogs and talked about how we can finish our missions with grace. We talked about how we want to accelerate to the end, never lose our steam. I love her a lot and I want to live up to the promises we made.

During the sacrament I heard this little girl behind me saying every single word of the sacrament prayer. It was so cute and she had the whole thing memorized. I was hit with the sacred importance of the sacrament, a thing that a lot of members forget. When we look at the sacrament table, we can imagine that it is literally the body of Christ. I hope that we can all strive to make that moment even more special each week. Once my father explained to me how the sacrament prayer is the only memorized prayer in the church, and how it is like we are all saying the words together with the same desire. I love that

Funny story: During a member meal this week, Sister Bravender was asked to say the closing prayer. (oh my gosh it is so funny, they literally always ask her to say the prayer. I’m not even kidding EVERY TIME. I think they like to hear her Portuguese and help her practice. I like haven’t even said a prayer in a member meal this whole transfer) Well, as she was closing the prayer, she gave Beijinhos to God! (side note, beijinhos is a common Portuguese goodbye, it translates to "little kisses") I almost exploded laughing but everyone else stayed completely serious! I’m sure Heavenly Father got happy that she said something so endearing!  I think it was an accident, but now it is a norm in all the Sister Bravender prayers. She is so precious.

Love you all! Beijinhos!


Sister Barron