Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, September 21, 2015

WEEK 33- High School Musical!

 I cut my hair! Fun fact: I have been cutting my own hair since I was 13 years old. My Mom cut it before that. I think I have been to a salon like twice in my life. Don't worry Mommy, I am growing it out again. It just needed it.

Sister Neves really wanted me to make her "American Cookies".....I was happy to oblige. Although I am ashamed to admit that this batch burned a little...:(
 She is in her "Adventure Time" Prep Day shirt. She really does wear it every Prep Day! =D
My Letter Home:

Hey fans, friends, and family!

Sister Neves and I had a KILLER High School Musical Dance party in a desperate attempt to work out! Cuz its the STARTTT of something NEWWW.

This week Sister Neves hit her ONE YEAR mark, so we decided we would do something a little fun. (It’s funny how all of my companions have hit their one year mark with me. =P ) So there is this beautiful Catholic church up on this really steep hill, and I always had wanted to look inside and see what was in there. So we made the trek up the steep hill and went inside. It was totally BEAUTIFUL. It had all the getups, statues and nice music, etc. We went all the way up to the top tower. I swear, we looked out over the whole island. It was amazing. While we were there, we met the caretaker of the chapel. His name is Mario. He is a very interesting person because he is not religious at all, yet he spends the majority of his time caring for an old Catholic church. Apparently it was totally run down and abandoned for a long time, like teenagers would hang out there to drink and whatnot, but he BOUGHT it and fixed it up. I don’t know if it really counts as a church anymore, he puts on theaters and stuff like that now. But anyways, we started teaching him! And it was funny because we were sitting right outside this Catholic church teaching him. But he was very interested in what we were saying, AND he even came to church with us this week! He showed up on his little bicycle. We have marked him to be baptized this weekend! I hope everything goes smoothly and God answers his prayer to know that this church is true. How fun is that!

This weekend was amazing because we got to hear from one of the SEVENTY! In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have a prophet, twelve apostles, and then there is a group of seventy below them. This is how the church of Jesus Christ was organized in the Bible. So it was a big deal that we got to hear from him. He was Portuguese, and veryyyyy Santa Clausey. He was chuckling the whole time. He had some very good advice on how we can help new people in the church stay. We also got to hear from the Mission President and his wife. They are so adorable and have the BEST mission stories. There was one week of his mission where President Tavares baptized 40 people! Like what?!?

This week was also really special because I got to teach some of our investigators with my recent convert, Joana. She was absolutely AMAZING! She bore her testimony with so much power. She is on fire  with this major discovery in her life. The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love her so much. She is an example to all the members that have lost their fire for missionary work. She will take us to her friends houses without a moment of hesitation.

I love you all and I hope you all have a fantastic week! I know this church is true! I talk to a lot of people who say "I believe all churches are true!"...but I’m sorry, that doesn’t make sense. All churches teach different things! There is only one God, there should only be one church! He is not a God of confusion! He has one way, one gospel, one baptism! And I believe that this church is the one true church in the world! Don’t take my word for it, go and ask of God!

Loveeee, Sister Barron <3