Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, September 28, 2015

WEEK 34- Eu Te Amo!!!

 Sister Neves taught me how to make a chicken dish and I was being all squeamish with the raw meat and she exclaimed, "Grab the meat Sister! Ahh.. you are so white!" Lol!!!
Just so you know, the chicken dish was so delicious and wonderful. I have really matured in my fear of touching raw meat.
 I'm a big girl now Mama! =D
My latest planner....they are becoming more practical. Something that I can use in my teaching.
 I ate the weirdest fruit this week. I have no idea what it is called. Sister Neves said that they have these in Brazil. It was kinda like a melon with giant seeds. It was really good.

We made some cake this week....my comp is really cute. =)

My Letter Home:

BOM DIA IRMÂOS E IRMAS! 
(That is how you start a talk over the pulpit in Portugal)

This week was new, fun, and an adventure!

So a while back my comp got a bug thing in her stomach, and she got REALLY sick. She is a crazy hard worker, and basically never took a break even though she was throwing up all over the place. So I finally put my foot down and called the missionary couple that is in charge of helping us with health issues. They booked an appointment for us at the local hospital and on Friday we went. Let me tell you, it was absolute CRAZINESS! There were people crying, and I didn’t understand what was going on, and it was NOT clear where to go or who to talk to or what we needed. We basically wandered around asking everyone until we finally ended up in the right place. But then we found out we had missed our appointment and it had been cancelled, so we had to make another appointment and do it all againnnnnn. Oh my goodness, such a waste of time. That is one thing I see a lot here. Ways that things could be more efficient, ways for businesses to save money....things that they are not doing. If I was the Queen of the Azores, things would run so much more smoothly. It would be glorious. (I like to think so anyway. LOL!) =P

This week we marked Joana’s parents, Minda and Marco, to be baptized on Sunday! They are really good people. They truly want to live like Christ. They have the purest intentions. I hope everything goes smoothly for their baptism and their marriage. They will be in my prayers a lot this week. I love them both so much.

I used one of my stories a lot this week. It was the story of me and my friend Whitney back when we were in high school. One day during the winter, we went to school. When we got there everything was CRAYCRAY because the entire student parking lot was covered in a thin sheet of ice. Cars were stuck everywhere and people were all stressed out. We were walking into the school and there was  this huge white van stuck in the ice. My friend Whitney said that we should go and push the car and try to help him get free. I was kinda skeptical because we were two girls, but I agreed. We went and pushed that van with all our might and LO AND BEHOLD the van got free! The man drove away and he was very thankful. We got SOOOOO excited, we were so happy that we had helped someone. We started helping other cars and calling out to passing students to come and help us. I didn’t even care if I would be late to class because I was helping others. When I finally got into school (NOT late) I started telling all my classmates " If any of you see a car stuck in the ice, go and help them! It makes you feel so good!" It really is true. When we help people, without having to be asked, you get this special feeling that doesn’t come any other way. 

Random fact: I conduct all the music in our branch! Everyone laughs at me because sometimes I have a hard time reading Portuguese, singing, and directing all at the same time. Good thing they all like me! =D

Até logo!


Sister Barron