Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 46-FELIZ NATAL!!!!


 The ENTIRE mission (accept for those serving on the Azores) got together for a Christmas party!!! We had a blast!

 I reunited with Sister McChesney at the  Christmas party!!! So happy! I miss her so much!
 This week we went on a division to Cascais. I snagged this picture while we were walking down the street with our luggage.
 Super cool artsy grafiti in Cascais.


We made German pancakes. =P
This Prep Day we deep cleaned our house. You wouldn't believe the amounts of things we threw away.  Cloths that were from the 90's! 
I'm not even joking.

 We found these onsies in our black hole closet that is full of past Sister relics. The goal was to take the "Most Perfect Christmas Picture". You tell me, did we achieve???






 My Letter Home:
Merry Christmas to everyone!

I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON IN PORTUGUESE. I started it way back when I went to the Azores. Yeah, it’s been a while. But I finally did it! I AM NOW FLUENT in the language and I love it!

This week we had our mission Christmas party! It was so fun to see all my mission friends and realize that I have been out here long enough to have mission friends! We were involved in a musical number that I have heard was put on Youtube. It’s in Portuguese, but just so you all know it is really funny:) We had a big dinner with everyone on the mission and enjoyed a lot of talented missionaries singing and playing instruments.

We went on a division this week in Cascais. It is a cool area,  it has a lot of tourism. I went out with Sister Alexander. She is realllyyyy old on the mission and about to go home, so it was weird to think that I was the one helping her. But it went so well. I totally felt guided by the spirit to know what to say to her in the right moment. She has a lot of responsibilities, but I was able to help her to know that she TOTALLY can do this. And the craziest part was that she was helping me too. She has been an Sister Training Leader in the past, and she totally helped me. I was feeling like I didn’t know how to help other sisters in my calling. I felt like I wasn’t doing anything. But she made me feel better and know that I can do this! How things are working out with all the Sisters and STLs in the mission, I will probably stay STL for a while. Almost all of them are going home in these next few transfers.

The last Sunday before Christmas was fun. The highlights were our surprise musical number (we found out we would be singing literally 2 seconds before the piano man started), and the irmã that gave us a whole chocolate cake! You literally never know what will happen at church in Portugal!

We are super excited for CHRISTMAS! Talk to you sooooon, family!

Sister Barron