Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, December 7, 2015

10 Month Mark!- The Bread of Life

 We made these T Shirts for the Sisters in our area! We hope they like them! They took a reallyyyy long time to make.....
pretty much half our Prep-Day. We bartered the man in the Chinese store down 5 euros!


 This is us eating lunch at an Indian Restaurant  The food was amazing.

 We got to help this little girl take out her braids. We had fun.
This was the EAGLE!!! It was majestic!

I drew a cool nativity for our apartment.
This is our sweet Christmas set up! 
We live a fancy life.
 Here are some pics of our apartment. 

There is a huge pile of cloths left from past Sisters who have lived here and we wear them occasionally.....aka every day. We are really sick of our cloths. Haha! SCORE!
 Our neighbor friend, the baker gave us this bread. It is called Bolo Rei (or King Cake) and it is basically a fruit cake on steroids. But I like it A LOT! It is really different and good!
He also gave us some really good bread with olives in it. We got some sweet hookups!

My Letter Home:

Things that happened this week:

-I went to my first mission counsel! It was so cool to hear about how the mission is doing as a whole.
-I went to the biggest mall in Portugal and it was sickkkk!
- We were walking down the street and there was a huge Christmas fair going on and this man yells "Hey you, American girl, come here!" and he hands me a leather glove and plops an EAGLE on my arm! Ummm heyyy there! But it was so amazing. Yeah, I held an eagle! Sister Bakker did it too, even though she is funny and is like deathly afraid of all birds. She totally conquered her fear!
-I witnessed the broadcast of the groundbreaking for the Portugal Lisbon Temple! Totally felt chills. I am part of the army that fought for this temple! We can totally tell that Satan does not want this to happen, but it is HAPPENING! We are so excited! This temple will change everythingg....
-We did a "blizzard" for a sister who struggles to come to church and taped paper snowflakes on her door. It was cute! We miss her and need her at church! <3
-I HIT MY 10 MONTH MARK!!!
-We made "American cookies" for the young women in our ward for mutual and they all freaked out. =D
-There is an American family in our ward (the parents both served missions in Portugal and now they will help out with the new temple) and we ate lunch at their house. They are the Lee Family. It was the first time I have been in an almost American house. It was so chic! We are so spoiled! 
-Sister Bakker and I had the wonderful idea to have a meeting with just the Sisters of Oeiras. We were so excited and coming up with wonderful ideas and we believed it was an inspiration. So we called the Zone leaders to ask permission and they said no.....well, it was an inspiration and we cannot deny inspiration, so after a very heated round of rock, paper, scissors we decided to go straight to the big dogs and call PRESIDENT TAVARES. Haha I won rock paper scissors so Sister Bakker had to call. The pressure was so high. But we called him and he thought it was a totally good idea! He gave us permission and wished us luck! Wheeeee! So today our day will pretty much be making custom made by us TSHIRTS for our sisters. Yeah, we are fun STLs. =P
-So across the street from our apartment there is a cool bakery that always smells amazing of bread. We always wave to the baker man every night when we enter our house. He likes us. So this week we have been chatting with him every night and lo and behold HE GAVE US FREE BREAD! It is amazing! and sooo good and fresh! Haha we totally have the sweetest hookup! The sisters of this area will love us forever!

I love you all and I know this church is true! Beautiful things are happening everyday, we just have to open our eyes!

Sister Barron
PS. I want you all to know that I HAVE NOT OPENED MY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS YET!!!! This is quite a huge accomplishment for me cause I LOVE PRESENTS!!! WEEEeeee!!!