Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 47- BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!

 This was an AWESOME Christmas Eve party at the Bishops house! 
Bishop Suzarte and his wife are the BOMB!
 Isn't this a beautiful setting?!
 Our pile of "Secret Santa" gifts. (White Elephant)
 Bishop got a nightgown and cap for his gift! Hahaha! He loved it!!!


 Us girls!
 The office Elders were driving all over the mission delivering Christmas packages and they showed up at our door dressed like this! Haha! Elders Gunther and Foutz. It was so fun!
 We had 4 Sisters sleep at our house for Christmas Eve. The Sisters from Mafra partied it up with us and we made a MEGABED! We were a little excited! Sister Bakker was OVERJOYED! Haha ='D
Our tree with all our presents.
We made crepes!


 This is another party. We ate lunch on Christmas day at Irma Lidia's home. Wonderful food (We ate curry, delicious!) and even better company. <3


 African doll
 Serves her right, she stole my camera. =D
Elder Nogueira

 This is Irma Lidia in her 20's.
 And now. Isn't she so pretty!

Christmas night we went to the Lee's house to Skype with our families and enjoy amazing food! The Lee's are awesome.
 BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!! 
(that I was away from my family:))
(Picture by Paige)

 This week we went on division to Mafra. The Sister's there set up a table with wrapped Books of Mormon, lots of cards and free cookies! It was super fun! We talked to every one passing by, sang Portuguese Christmas Hymns until our voices hurt, handed out cookies and presents and met some amazing people! It was really fun, I loved it! Sister Luciano and Sister Tilton are so creative!


 In Mafra
Snapped this picture out of the train window. Portugal's beauty is unreal.
My Letter Home:

He Gives Me Strength

This week was awesome and Christmasy! We had many member meals and games played.

Skype was fun. I cried a lot. I love my family so much. When I first saw them, they were all huddled together wearing their Portugal shirts and I just lost it! It was hard to say goodbye to them, but it was kind of a relief to think I only have one more skype with them. It is an emotional rollercoaster ride. 

So last night we decided to go and visit a less active woman in our ward. She doesn’t really come to church, but I think it has to do with the fact that she has two little boys that have a really hard time staying quiet. One of them has autism and he is a little on the wild side. I feel kinda bad for her because she is always with them in a tiny, filled apartment. We were there trying to watch the Restoration video and the boys were kinda getting wild. We could tell that she was getting really stressed. All of a sudden she gets really quiet and calls her husband on the phone. She tells him she is about to have an "attack". I was sitting right next to her. Then she starts shaking. It started with her hands then her eyes rolled back into her head and she started thrashing. The little boys started crying and freaking out. The only thought that came into my mind was "she CANNOT hit her head". She was trying to smash her head on the rock wall. I grabbed her head and held her tight. She totally flipped out, trying to bite me and hit me. I literally don’t know how I had the strength to hold her down. I honestly believe God gave me the strength in that moment to help. I was completely calm. She did not hit her head. Eventually she was lying on the ground and I was sitting by her. She calmed down and the attack wore off. I was just stroking her hair and telling her my story of when I brought baby ducks to church. We called a ward member and he ran over to help us. He gave her a blessing and she seemed okay. We knew her husband was on the way, so we felt good. It was the scariest thing that has happened to me on the mission. But I know we were there in that moment for a reason. I know God gave me that strength and the ability to stay calm in that moment. He makes me stronger. I can do hard things because he gives me the strength. I love Him.

Love you all! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! <3

Sister Barron