Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, January 11, 2016

WEEK 49- My Baby is Samoan!!

My new baby! This is Sister Aiono! She is from California and a brand new missionary! Isn't she so cute! She's tiny.
The day I picked her up.

 WHAT have I gotten myself into...! =D
We have fun.
 We got a weird reference and it led us to this door in a wall. Haha...surprise! No one answered. 
Sintra is too beautiful to explain. I will be bringing my family here in the future.
 In her onesie.
 GUYS! This is Lilli!
 I saw this while helping Lilli with her English homework Haha! Ya, we're basically hicks.
This is Irmao Celso. He is like the COOLEST guy of the ward. He was baptized as an
 80 year old and used to be a clown. =D

My letter Home:

Hello everyone! 


On Tuesday we packed up Sister Bakkers stuff and headed up to the mission office. There, we had a little training on how to train  ( It was way shorter than I thought it would be...they must have confidence that we all automatically know how to train!) and we waited for the newbies to arrive! When I first saw my new comp, I thought WOW she is tiny! And oh so cute! 

My baby is named Sister Aiono! She is so much fun! She is from California, but she has Samoan roots. Everyone here is fascinated to know where she is from. They think she is Asian or something. I have literally never met a Polynesian on my mission, so she will probably be getting that her whole mission. Haha I have been singing songs from Lilo and Stitch all week. I am so cliché. She knows how to legit hula dance and I want her to teach me! Our new ward loves her and thought she was so courageous and cute on Sunday when she bore her testimony. I felt like a happy mother and afterwards a member made the comment to me that my face was "glowing" while she was bearing her testimony! I love training so much and I just want her to have the most awesome and successful mission! The hardest thing is that she sometimes gets really down on herself for not knowing the language and she really wants to participate more in lessons. I try my best to lead so that she can have the chance to talk, but either the investigator talks a ton or she gets nervous. I will try my best to just pump up her confidence a ton so that she can speak like a pro by the end of her training! She is actually an amazingly confident missionary, she will talk to anyone! I love her new excitement because it reminds me of what I felt like when I was new and the fire that I had for the work. It is contagious!

One thing I have realized now that I am training someone that doesn’t know the language yet is that I am definitely fluent in Portuguese! I understand 99%!

As the trainer of a new missionary, I have heard a bunch of what is going on in the world today. As missionaries, we don’t watch any TV or get on the internet at all so we are definitely away from “the world” and all of it affairs. My awesome new greenie taught me some abomination called the "Whip and NayNay." Haha what has the world come to? ; ) We ended up whipping with a little African boy named Tiago in the stairwell of his apartment building. He was cracking up that the sisters could whip! In an angelic way, of course:) Hey, who knew that was useful for missionary work?!?!

We have been caught in the pouring rain a few times. It gives me flashbacks to when I was a greenie and it rained everyday. She is so funny and loves to just run through the rain saying "if we are doing the Lords work, we can’t get sick!" Haha wellllll we are protected, but lets try and remember our umbrellas haha. 

We contacted a referral from a member and she ended up being really elect! We marked her two daughters to be baptized in two weeks! The mother, Tamara, will be able to be baptized once she is legally married to her boyfriend. But things are going great! I am feeling kind of a lot of pressure to have a "model" area as the STL of our zone. But I have faith that if we just keep working hard and doing our best that the miracles will come! We are going to baptize this month!

Love you all! Don’t forget to always be yourself!:)

Sister Barron