Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Friday, January 29, 2016

WEEK 51-Feeling Blessed!

We visited some incredible places on our preparation day this week.
Sintra is so beautiful. 
This palace is called Quinta Da Regaleira.








 We had fun playing with the billions of cats everywhere.


This amazing well is located on the property.




Our District

 We went to the place in the woods where the country of Portugal was dedicated to the Lord.



My Letter Home:

This week was so fun! Life is great with Sister Aiono. Together while working hard being missionaries we write raps, dance, preach, and get lost. But every moment is amazing!

Last district meeting we were practicing being bold and therefore I had to eat a skunk-spray flavored jelly bean? DISGUSTING. At least it was a creative object lesson. =/ =)

There was one day this week where it rained BUCKETS. It was insanity. We were soaking wet. It was completely obsolete to use the umbrella because the rain was flying at an angle. I have never been so soaked in my mission. There was a river in the street. We didn’t go home, the work of the Lord never stops!

We had a division with some Sisters from Mafra. I went with Sister Tilton. She is a really good missionary and I have a lot of respect for her. They came to our area and she helped in a lesson to Henrique, our most progressing investigator right now. He is progressing really well. He is still having trouble believing in God, but he really has the desire to believe. And like it says in Alma 32, that is enough. Him and his daughter Catarina came to church with us this Sunday. I really had a lot of respect for him because he works all night Saturday night and then he came straight to church with us. Catarina loved Primary they had treats that day and as she was stuffing her face full of cake, she was saying "We have to come here every Sunday!" Haha! I really hope they continue. We need to talk with them about how they can start getting on track to get married. It’s pretty complicated, but I have heard of a lot of missionaries doing it. Let’s have a wedding! *squeeeeel*

Also, I wanted to write a shout-out to my cousin Madi Sarager! She has been meeting with the Sister missionaries in Arizona and this weekend got baptized! I love her so much and am so happy for this life changing decision she has made! You are amazing! Never forget these precious days when your testimony has begun growing! You will remember your baptism your whole life! What a blessing! 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderfulllll week

Sister Barron