Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 50!!! I'm Still Alive!!!


Saturday selfies while we were calling people and inviting them to church the next day.

We had an activity with the Young Women of the Ward that night. It was so much fun! 
This is me trying to be ghetto.
I took this picture while standing outside waiting for the library to open so that we could email our families.
 Mission Council 
We found these glasses. 
We like to put them on and feel smarwtur.

Letter Home:

My comp is definitely a fan of Portuguese bread. We will just leave it at that. =) She told me she dreams of chocolate croissants. haha Love her so much:) So this week we have eaten a Chocolate Croissant basically everyday. We spend half our time dancing and making up raps about Portugal. She has a wonderful attitude and I love it. 

So this Sunday it happened. I hit rock bottom. =0 It was a strange combination of events, but basically I was feeling verryyyy stressed. There is a lot of pressure. I want to be able to do everything, but I physically cannot do it all. It stresses me out when I feel like I am doing mediocre missionary work. I want to do EXCELLENT missionary work. I started crying and like literally couldn’t stop. I needed to cry it out. Anyways, I ended up learning a lot about the Atonement. I honestly think it felt like it was the lowest point of my life. But even when I was at rock bottom, there was someone that went farther and suffered more. Our Savior knows exactly what we are going through and how He can succor His people. Some members noticed and came to our house and offered to give me a blessing. Afterwards I felt a lot better and was able to finish off the day with some hard work.

We had a pretty awesome lesson with a man named Henrique this week. He is Portuguese but is living with his Russian girlfriend. We knocked on his door and he was really nice and open. He met the Elders 30 years ago and even came to church and saw a baptism in a pool. He is atheist, but he keeps wanting to meet with us. I KNOW that he believes there is more out there. Sister Aiono asked him some really inspired questions. At one moment in one of our lessons he looked right into my eyes and said "Do you actually believe this?" and I felt the power right from God when I stared him right back in the eyes and said "YES."  Afterwards Sister Aiono said I was glowing. We invited him to be baptized and he said "If God responds to my prayer, then yes. But I think it will be really difficult." We will be working on his faith this week, helping him to actively strengthen it. He is really nice and has a 10 year old daughter. Also, he has curly Michael Jackson hair. =)

I love you all! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, as He loves the rest of His children. 

Sister Barron