Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 58- Things are on the up and UP!

 This little lady has been studying so hard. 
I'm so proud of her!
Her knee is almost totally better now! Yay!
 We got to spend our Prep Day today seeing some of Lisboa. It was great! (Looking over Benfica.)


 We saw these little elementary kids at school in their little blue outfits and thought they were 
so cute!





 This big statue is  famous in Portugal. It is a bunch of explorers and discoverers, like Christopher Columbus and others. I was super excited that we got to see it! Totally worth the hour of travel.
 We also got to see Belem! It was so amazing! They are famous for their amazing Pastel De Nata (Awesome pastry!)
Letter Home:

So this week was so amazing! We had a whopping 6 investigators in church! That may be the most I have ever had in my mission....They all totally loved it! Sister Aiono is all better! =D After a week of crutches she was ready to go. We tried really hard to work even though her leg was hurt, asking for rides from the members and proselyting really close to our house. In the end we have been really blessed for this sacrifice, and had a very successful week! The errand of angels is given to women, baby!

So we have these amazinggg investigators named Ana Sousa, José, and their little daughter Daniela. Daniela has epilepsy and sometimes tends to fall down when she has little seizures. This was veryyy scary for her parents so they decided to take her to the hospital. Apparently there is a nurse there that is a member of our church. She isn’t part of our ward, but she lives in Oeiras. Her name is Luisa. She saw these scared parents and she decided to give them the number of the Elders. She said that they could come over to their house and give their daughter a Blessing of Health. I am SOOO GRATEFUL for this courageous member, I have never met her, but what happened?! Ana called the Elders! They went to their house, gave the blessing, and passed the reference on to us. They live in this beautifullll part of our area called Sintra. They are absolutely amazing. They totally want to be baptized, but the challenge at the moment is that José and Ana aren’t legally married. In our church, we believe that marriage between a man and a woman is a sacred thing and that the sacred, intimate feelings between a man a woman that love each other should be reserved just for legal marriage. I completely support this doctrine of our church. Anyways, for them to be baptized they would first have to be married. I broke the news to Ana and we have plans to pass this week and seriously talk to them about marriage.

We also have someone MARKED FOR BAPTISM NEXT SUNDAY! Wheeeee! It is a boy named Diogo that is a son of a less active woman in our ward. He is so amazing and basically already knows so much, so it is all going really smooth. We already have the baptism planned and I plan on trying to get my hands on a violin and play something. I am probably reallyyyyy rusty, so everyone wish me luck! It’s been over a year since I have picked up a violin. Hopefully those 6 years of playing haven’t gone to waste!

I love you all so much and I am having a total BLAST on my mission! If you are debating whether or not to go on a mission, I have a little advice for you....GO! you will never regret it!

Sister Barron
PS. I hope Piper takes really good care of those scriptures that she got for her Birthday! I absolutely loveee my scriptures so much, they are one of my most treasured possessions!
This is our zone conference picture. (From Mom: Notice what Quincey is doing in the picture to the AP....stinker)