Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, March 28, 2016

WEEK 60! Mem Martins Round 4!!!

 This is Ingrid. We went to her going away party for her mission. She was called to the Manchester, England Mission. It was fun to celebrate with her and get her pumped up!

 Joelma and I. She has a son on a mission in Brazil so she just lovessss the missionaries.
 Henrique and Catarina. We are teaching them right now. They love to receive our messages.
 Our studying table. Guess which side is Sister Aionos, haha literally like this every day.

 Surprises on my camera. lol!
 Friends 4 Ever! 
 This elevator smashed her while she was looking in the mirror, so she had to punish it. 
 She made this cute little ghetto sign telling people to come to church. 
I was so proud I had to take a picture. =D
 Move over Lindsay Sterling!

 Practicing for my musical number.

 Elder Hart threw himself a funeral because he is going home tomorrow! 
2 YEARS he has been gone!
 Saying goodbye to Mariano! He is leaving to work at the Circus (true story).
 Training break!
 #Memmartinsswag- this was Aiono's idea...lol!
 Our district
 Hello....
Maybe I should join the circus as well...

Letter Home: Mem Martins Round 4!

TRANSFERS! I am staying in Mem Martins again! This will be the area that I have stayed in the longest of my whole mission! Yeah, I’m totally psyched! The members all joke that I need to just send my church membership records here to Mem Martins because I have been here so long. Sister Aiono will be leaving (which is really sad...we don’t want to separate!) and she will be going to Barreiro! That is really far away from me, on the other side of a huge river. She will have to use a boat to get to her new area. She will be the SENIOR COMPANION in her third month here in Portugal! Little to say, I am proud! I know she will rock it. They will baptize and have tons of fun and learn so much! She is a really awesome missionary, fun and happy and makes friends really easily. I know that these skills will help her during her whole mission. 

Once we were knocking doors and Sister Aiono pushed the doorbell and it got stuck in place! The really obnoxious, loud bell was just blaring in one unbroken note. She started panicking and I was like... "Run!" but she just looked at the thing and punched the doorbell! Immediately it stopped. It was so funny, and we have determined that I react with flight and she reacts with fight. 

This morning as we were waiting for the train we heard some men speaking in English. I said "Let’s go talk to them!" and we went over to ask them where they were from. They ended up being from South Africa, and they had huge English accents. They saw we were the "Mah-muhns" and started cracking jokes about not smoking and drinking etc... We were very nice and tried to teach them a little about us. Soon we were all just cracking up and having a grand old time. Then one of them tried to set me up with his son in South Africa, and then he laughed and said "You could convert anyone with those eyes!" Hahahah then we chastised him for flirting with a missionary and luckily our train stop was right there. It was literally the funniest thing. Made my day!

Diogo recieved the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. We are going to start teaching a friend of his named Rodrigo. He has HUGE potential! He already said that he wants to be baptized! We have high hopes!

Easter was fun. We had lunch AND dinner with members! We ate soooo much food! It was all so good and the members were sad to say goodbye to Sister Aiono. I’m so happy not to part from them just yet. My work here still isn’t done! Church was delivered by the Stake Presidency and it was so fun. 

I am so grateful for the amazing experiences that I am having here in Portugal! I am loving it with all my heart! Bring on the next challenge, Heavenly Father! I am ready for anything! Haha I literally can’t think of anything else I want to do, I am TSTL and I AM TRAINING A NEW SISTER AGAIN!!!! She is from Brazil. I pick her up on Wednesday.

Love you all!


Sister Barron