Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 61-New Companion!

Me and my new Brazilian companion! She is brand new from the MTC! Sister RIBEIRO!!! This was our first moment together.
 I made her this planner. Hehe! Lol!

With President and Sister Tavares.
 I spent a few days with Sister De Souza as we waited for our new companions to arrive in Portugal.
Sister Aiono saying goodbye to dear friends.  This is Eva, who is the Mother of Diogo.
 Our investigator Fatima was really 
sad to see her go.
Connecting with my country girl self!
Leadership training meeting.

Letter Home:
Today I hit my 14 month mark! 
Ahhh time is flying! 

This week I had my first sick day in the mission! It was NOT fun. Staying in the house all day is awful and boring. We have literally nothing to do but study and watch The Restoration Video (In various languages! wheee) Basically I hope that this pain in my stomach passes because, Honey, I have stuff to do!

My new greenie is so awesome! Her name is Sister Ribeiro, and she is from Brazil. I love her so much. It is a wayyy different experience to train a Brazilian than an American. She can talk on the phone and help teach and everything! I still am teaching her, but in a different way. We say our purpose every morning, in Portuguese and English. I want to help her learn English because I know it will bless her life so much!

This week I also grabbed a chicken. We passed a house walking and I was on the phone, but out of the corner of my eye I saw chickens and stopped in my tracks. The man said we could come and see them if we wanted. So I walked up and GRABBED ONE! It was freaking out. Haha good times! We thought about teaching the man but he had a beer in his had so we skidaddled out of there. But it was hilarious.

We found a family in our area book that had been baptized a few years ago but now they are inactive. We decided out of the blue to call them and they invited us over! Their names are Luis and Sandra. They are really good people, but they said that they feel that there were a lot of things they didn’t understand in our church and that they decided to stick to the Catholic church, in which they were raised. This showed to me what President Hinckley said was true. New converts need a FRIEND, a CALLING, and to be NUTRITIONED BY THE GOOD WORD OF GOD. I look at them and see a lack of this when they were first baptized. We just expressed our love and told the story of Joseph Smith and invited them to come to General Conference and Luis came! We really want to reactivate them because they have a daughter that is now the age of baptism. It might be a little tricky, but I believe we can do it and re-spark that testimony that they used to have!

We marked a man named Rodrigo for baptism. He is the friend of Eva. I love her so much. She is returning back to the church and bringing all her friends with her! It really does work, focusing on the members for people to teach! 

CHALLENGE FOR ALL MEMBERS! Every time you sign up to feed the missionaries, invite a nonmember over as well! It is a very nice, low-pressure way for them to have contact with the missionaries! We have had so much success this way and the members get a huge kick out of being member missionaries. 

I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! Congrats to Tyler Prince for the mission call to Brazil! I LOVE BRAZILIANS, and I know you will too! They are a very fun, warm people. Plus they speak Portuguese that is the best language in the world!

Loveee
Sister Barron