Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 63: Minha Boquinha!


  At the hospital. There was a random Saint in front of the hospital. A nurse asked us what we were doing and I said I wanted to take a picture with the doll. She cracked up.
There was a wall with a bamboo forrest......we were desperate to have fun at this point.
My IV. (Momma said she wanted picturrrres....)
I spent a week living in the Mission Home recovering. This was the view out my window.  Vida boa!
 This is the puzzling group in the Mission Home. Elder Foutz got his tonsils out that week and was staying in the Mission Home too. We became good friends and I basically know his life story now. We are both back in the field working now!
 President Tavares when he was a missionary in the field. Love the short tie! Haha
Sister Ventura who has already gone home (Megan) came to visit Portugal with her parents and I got to see her when I was in the Mission Home!
Today I received a PACKAGE from my Mom brought to me by my neighbor from Arkansas who is in Lisbon on vacation! Thank you for bringing it Michael! I'm so excited!

My Letter Home:
So this week has been an interesting transition back into the missionary field. My scar is healing nicely. I have given the name of "boquinha" which means "little mouth". My comp thinks it is hilarious. 

The Blessings that have come from getting my appendix removed in Portugal during my mission:

  • I got to know my President and especially his wife a lot better! I love them so much and I loved every moment I had with them.
  • I got to hear all the mission stories first.
  • I got to see Sister Ventura, a girl  that served here and ended little time ago! It was so fun to see her and she gave me Goldfish! 
  • I got to eat reallyyyyy good food everyday. They have a women that works there and just makes really good food. It was glorious!
  • I got to know my comp, Sister Ribeiro, really well. She is so funny! I am so glad that we are together! I hope we can get back to work quickly so that I can actually start training her haha. But she basically doesn’t need any training. 
  • Now all the future missionaries that have this problem will have a clearer plan so that they can get quick surgery. 
  • I have studied every Liahona (church magazine) that has ever existed!
  • The members are all concerned about us and really want to help us. Hey, we will accept any help we can get!
  • I got to take naps for the first time in more than a year! Weeee

On Sunday our friend Fátima came to church. It was so cute because she got all dressed up and was so excited to see us. She got so excited when I told her I got my appendix out because she had a stomach surgery recently and she had sooo much to say to me about it.  I think we bonded! Add that to the list of blessings!

Sunday night we went and passed a reference from a member. They were her neighbors, a Brazilian family with 2 children. We decided just to knock on their door and try our luck. The wife answered, named Ana, and she was so awesome! We taught about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and she seemed really interested. Her cute children listened in, too. I hope we can go back and talk to the husband as well. I love teaching families! Hopefully they accept our invites to read, pray, and be baptized on the 1st of May!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

The theme of this week has been Alma 37:37

37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

 I am so thankful for everything God has given me. I am truly blessed. We should all try to be a little more thankful. 

Sister Barron