Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 65: What Is The Difference Between The Mormon Church And Other Churches?

 Rosie Lee, my sweet princess. And the photo bomber below is her older brother Ben, who looks like Jimmy Neutron. They are my little friends.

This is Ana! She was baptized at age 12. She is the only member in her family and she is supperrrr strong in the church. I have a ton of respect for her. AND she speaks fluent english!
This is Helia, Alvaro, and Tiago! I LOVE this family so much! Alvaro bore his testimony in church yesterday. He even mentioned me and I was so touched.
This is our new investigator Ariana. She is 13 and is super cool! She loves coming to youth activities and this last Sunday was her first time coming to church. She really liked it. I hope she comes back again! We are also teacher her Mom and her Sister as well.
We had a beauty day with our investigator Elizabete and the recent convert Maria Amelia. =)
Vogue
 This was from lunch at the Bishops house! 
I love this family!
Some missionaries from my MTC group!
 Today for P-Day we played Futebol!!

Letter Home:

This week we had dinner with members everyday. That NEVER happens! Wheee I love Mem Martins! I have been here for over 6 months! Ahhh...

This week we felt like we weren’t accomplishing anything. A lot of times after a baptism this happens. We were focusing a lot of our efforts on Fátima and now we are left without very many investigators. Spent a lot of time searching for new people to teach.

But first, I would like write something directed to those who maybe read these posts and are not members of the Mormon Church. 

What is the difference between the Mormon Church and other churches?
-We believe that God called a prophet in our day, the same as He did in Biblical times.
-We believe that God gave us more holy scripture to accompany the Bible, called The Book of Mormon. This book will serve as proof of the one true church in the last days.
-We believe that God speaks to His children freely, and that to know the truth we just need to ask! That is how our church was started!
-We believe that the men of our church are holders of Godly permission, called the priesthood, to do baptisms and other holy promises with God. All worthy men are given the opportunity to hold this power
-We believe that the family is ordained of God, that marriage between a man and a woman is sacred.
-SO MUCH MORE!

If you really want to know the differences, the only thing I can really tell you is GO AND SEE!

I remember once that in high school a friend of mine asked me this question and I did not answer very well. I have regretted that ever since. 

This Sunday Fátima shared her testimony. She did not know all of the lingo that normal Mormons use. But it was from the heart. And I totally got teary eyed. I love her so much.

Ariana is one of our new investigators. She is 13, and she is so adorable! She has been coming to mutual for a few weeks and she totally is well integrated in the Young Women. She is still learning about God and His role in our lives, she has never been super religious. The only thing she really knows for certain is that she feels good in the church and she wants more!

This week we celebrated 25th of April. It is when they got rid of the rigid government in Portugal and people were given a lot of freedoms. One of these freedoms was the freedom to choose religion. How grateful I am for that day!

I love you all! I know this church is true! If you want to know or if you have fallen away, don’t wait for the answer to fall in your lap. Go and ask of God!

Sister Barron