Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 68: Elder Bednar ALERT!

Elder Bednar came and spoke to our mission!
It was amazing!


 He opened to a question and answer session. Sister Aiono asked a question!
 A senior couple took pictures and shared them with everyone. I was lucky to be sitting right by them. =D
 Wonderful man.



 Our whole mission 
except the missionaries on the Azores.
 My destroyed shoes.
 I loved these shoes.
 This is a cute girl from our branch named PAIGE!
My cute comp. Snapped this on the way to play basketball this morning.

My Letter Home:


So this week was fantastic because Elder Bednar came to our mission and spoke to us! It was incredible! I pulled a Barron and sat on the front row...score! I loved his wife. She is just a little angel. We got to hear him speak to our mission and also the stake of Oeiras. Both times he did an interesting thing and instead of giving a talk, he simply opened up the crowd for questions. I didn’t have the courage to ask a question (hehe) but I still learned so much from all the inspired questions of my friendly neighborhood missionaries! I even got to DIRECT THE MUSIC in front of an apostle and almost the whole mission! I may have passed out...but tudo bem!

So we are struggling to find some people to teach. We still get lost a lot and that stresses me out, but sister Bravender is awesome and always reminds me "Everything happens for a reason!" Then we look for someone to talk to. We are learning how to ride public transport in our new area the hard way, we have missed many a bus. It is super stressful! But then we laugh and figure it out. Also, I have discovered the magic of TAXI’S. They are expensive, but so easy and fast! We might end up just eating oatmeal the whole month and getting taxis everyday! Wheeee

To get to the chapel we have to walk up this longgg steep hill. It is such a nightmare. Just to warn you all, I might come back with calves of steel!


I love you all! Thanks for the support!

Sister Barron


PS. What is up with all you people trying to set me up already! I DON’T THINK SO! Haha! I have two months left still. It is too early for that sorta stuff! You crazies! Tata!