Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 69: Samuel The Lamanite And The Seagulls

 This is me and a recent convert named Luisa. She is the bomb and we are helping her learn how to do family history!
 This is Berta. <3 She is so tiny!!! She insisted we take the picture like this. =) She is awesome and drives like a wild woman!
 This is the goat man. His name is Luis. There is a grassy hill next to our chapel and it sometimes has goats on it. He was so funny. We invited him to church but he exclaimed  "Who will take care of my goats!?" I may have volunteered.....

 This is an awesome key chain that Sister Aiono gave me during our great division together! It was so fun to be with her again!
 I am giant. Haha! Look at the top of the door. In this area, we see a bunch of tourists and I'm like, WOW! Tall people! 
Then I realize that I am their size. =P

Me in front of a Catholic church right next to our house. We jog by it every morning.
 A scrunchy that my comp gave me.
 This cool house is next door to ours. Architectureeee....
 This is our house. We live on the second level.
 The stairway and the elevator.
 This is the view from our balcony.
When we run in the morning, we see this awesome view. It is amazingggg.

Letter Home:

So on Sunday I was kinda having a pity party because we weren’t able to find anyone to come to church with us. We are still figuring out this area and we frequently have days where we don’t teach a single lesson. Its frustrating because we are working hard, we talk to tons of people in the street, but no one so far that has a ton of interest. We were praying to find new people and to actually have investigators whennnnnn Sunday came. And lo and behold, a woman named Consição comes to church. She was contacted in the street a few years ago and randomly decided to come and visit the church. She even brought the pass along card, one that is really old and that we don’t use anymore. She seemed really cool and we will be meeting with her tonight. Fingers crossed that she is elect! She seems like it!

There was this one funny day when we were doing the spiritual thought after a member meal, with our wonderful friends Dília and Barbara, and we talked a little about Family History work. I’m glad that Sister Bravender is my comp because she has some cool new ideas of things that I have never thought before. Anyways, we give both of them a little booklet to get started and they were SOOO HAPPY! They straight up started filling them out right there and everything and we were like hehe Irmãs, we need to leave. But it was so cute how they got so excited and it really makes me want to do more family history work when I get back because I never really did any. I wanna know, can you showww me?

So one day we were walking along and it was really sunny outside and I noticed a bunch of seagulls flying overhead. All of a sudden, it starts raining....but not rain. It was SEAGULL POOP. Literally it seemed like they were attacking these two poor little missionary girls. Bombs away, guys, make sure you get it on their scriptures! We started screaming and covering our hair, but in the end it was not necessary. Like a couple of cute Samuels the Lamanites, we were not hit. It was a miracleeeee. But we still start squealing now every time a seagull flies over our heads haha:)

This week I was able to go on a division with my own, Sister Aiono! It was so fun! She is such an awesome missionary and we had fun giggling and reminiscing about old times, back when we were in the same ward as the APs and we gave them so much grief:) She came and was able to teach this new girl we found named Andreia. SHE contacted US because she wanted help to learn English. She is practicing to be a flight attendant. We are helping her prepare for the interview as well as when she is on the plane itself.  She is so cute and we love her a lot. She was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by our ability to speak Portuguese, especially Sister Bravender who has only been here for 3 weeks.

We are still getting lost. Daily. And that still stresses me out. But I am working on relaxing and just taking it by stride. Hey, lets get real, everyone is late here in Portugal:) maybe I am just immersing myself in the culture.


Love Sister Barron