Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, August 3, 2015

WEEK 26- In My Father's Hands

(From the editor: The pictures were wimpy this week) 
"This is our desk." Haha
 This is a cute pic from last week of 
Sister McChesney. =) 
I will send more pics next Monday. 

Her letter home:

THIS WEEK I HIT MY 6 MONTHS!!!! One third of the way through! It's happening so fast!

Adventurous thing I ate this week: Cachupa. It is a capo verdian dish that has a bunch of different types of beans and interesting meats. You just have to close your eyes and take a bite! I actually really liked it. The member fed us a ton though! My diet went out the window lol. =P

On Sunday, me and Sister McChesney were feeling kinda stressed out. Every Sunday morning we walk before church, sometimes really far away, to try and get our investigators to come to church. It is kinda hard because a lot of the time they don't answer their phones, and nothing is worse than getting woken up early on a Sunday morning by some little American girls knocking on your door and telling you to come to church. Lol! Many a time we are not warmly welcomed =P haha. I think it is good for the soul to get a little scolding right before church from our investigators. It is really humbling. 

So we were going to try and get our investigators Clivia and Nelson to join us, but we were very nervous because we hadn't really planned with them to pass by. They have two children. So we walked there, really far, and they didn't answer the door. We were very disappointed and at a loss of what to do. One of the hardest things about being a missionary is feeling you are annoying. =) No one likes to be annoying! But not a lot of people like being told they need to change their lives and come to church either....

So we were sitting outside their apartment building, feeling frustration and doubt and basically the opposite of the spirit, and then...in that moment, we see Roberto. He is a less active member of our ward, and he has really been needing help lately.  He has been struggling. When I saw him, I knew that was why we were sent there that morning. We asked him where he was going and he said to church. He asked us how we knew he would pass there. We said we didn't know. He asked us if we had been waiting for him there. We said that we hadn't known...but that yes, we were waiting for him. When I saw Roberto walking towards us I was totally overwhelmed. I felt so strongly that we were sent there, that morning, to walk with this soldier to church. I thought of that one hymn when it talks about the light house and how we need to keep the light burning because ´´some poor fainting, struggling seaman, you may rescue, you may save.´´ I am totally in the hands of my Father. He is so good to me. I don't deserve all the love He gives me. In so many ways I am weak. I am a really inadequate instrument in my Lords hands. Like trying to hammer a nail with a toothpick. But with my inadequacy, He brings about miracles, and with my lack of knowledge, He saves souls. 

I love you all so much! This week will be better than the last! Go hike a mountain for me!


Sister Barron