Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, May 4, 2015

WEEK 13- Shout Out To My Birthgiver!

Revealing my new planner that I decorated! It is so sososos fun! I know you would just love this Mama! Totally up your alley. 
Back view
 I got this new watch. It's really nice and tiny and is real leather! 5 euros! I got it in a Chinese store. Those places are the best. Everything is dirt cheap. I will have to go to one before I come home and snag some presents for all of you. But that won't happen for a long time so I will just stop thinking about it:)
 Someday I will have as many planners as Sister Jones....mmmm that'll be nice.

 We made these little hearts for all the women in Relief Society. They said FELIZ DIA DAS MÃES! They totally loved them:) We are winning the hearts of this ward like it's our job. =)I'm glad they liked it, they were a lot of work. And mayyybeee you'll get one in the mail Mama;) A letter is coming.
 We met a woman who stopped us on the street. She had been visited by the sisters a few months back and she thought we were the same girls. But she really wanted us to come over! So a few days later we went to her house and she told us this long story of her life. She got married when she was 13! The man was 21. It was a crazy story. Her mother basically forced her to do it. It still is traumatic to her in this day. I took a picture of one of her wedding pictures. She is the little girl in white. That is like Piper getting married next year!!! Wooooo...But she totally loved talking to us and said she would love to come with us to church next Sunday. We shall see..=)
 They gave me a cute rose in Relief Society.
Yesterday was Mother´s day here and it just so happened that our Mission President was holding interviews in our Chapel, so we got to take a picture with our ´Mission Mom´ Sister Fluckiger! I love that lady so much!


This months Liahona makes Jesus look like a Jedi....=D
My letter home:
Hey guys and gals,


I'VE BEEN OUT FOR 3 MONTHS OFFICIALLY TODAY! WHOOOOO

AND also FELIZ DIA DAS MÃES! In Portugal Mothers Day was yesterday, so I am in the loving-my-mother mood. Shoutout to my birthgiver!
AND also MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU! Star Wars appreciation day! 

The theme of this week is rain, because we were soaked to the bone probably 3 or 4 times. The only way to get through without freaking out is singing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song. So that is what we do. Luckily I brought a huge coat. To everyone who said Portugal was hot....wrong! Up here in the north it gets cold! And its not even winter! But I love it, seriously. Sometimes I get so excited I have to do karate moves or something to get my energy out. I might even scare some poor Portuguese person with a really enthusiastic OLA!!! Sister Jones keeps me composed. Oh, how lucky I am to have her as my mother (mission slang- the person who trains you is your mother/father)

This week was so amazing! Church was fantastic! I understood A LOT (which means a solid 75-85% woooooooo!!!! If I really pay attention it is definitely more...but I space out a lot.) We were sitting in church, being sad that Joana didn't show up, when all of a sudden she walks in! WITH her mom! We were so happy! I jumped up and sat by her during church. What a wonderful Sunday to come. She loved all the testimonies of the congregation. She loved Princípios do Evangelho. She loved it all. We are so excited for her. She seems really shy and timid, but the ward just swallowed her up in love and support. I think she is loving this spirit and is still very firm in her desire to be baptised next week. We shall see! I love her so much!

Me and Sister Jones sang again!!!! In Relief Society! I can hardly believe it! To all future missionaries: brush up on your musical skills because they will be put to the test! 

Sister Jones is the best. It's interesting living with a companion,  because we are literally together 24/7. I've spent more one on one time with her than probably most of my friends. But we are so tight, and not even a little sick of eachother (shoutout to her mom: Lauren-honey is such a sweetie! She even washes her socks) She accepts my wierd quirks, like when I had a dance party to Tarzan music. I think she videoed me. Little stinker. I love her. 

This week I was walking (surprise) in the rain (surprise)  and I was kinda having a pity party. My coat was wet, my hair was insane, and my boots were soaked through. We didn't really have anywhere in particular to go, and it was near the end of the day. In that moment, I imagined the Savior walking beside me. I imagined Him, in his sandals and all, going through what I went through. And I realized...He did. He knows exactly what I am going through. He knows exactly what it is like to serve a mission in Portugal, Russia, Washington, Taiwan, Utah, anywhere. And He knows what you went through too. From the littlest things to our personal moments of despair, He is right there with us. And that makes me feel so loved. And so safe. I am so grateful for my Savior. He is on my side. We are part of a team that will never lose. How amazing is that?

Here is a small excerpt from a poem that my aunt Bethany sent me...I really like it: 

am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast out! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. 

I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ.

must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.

Have you chosen your side? Perhaps now is the time.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Sister Quincey Barron


P.s. May the Fourth be with you! Does anyone else think that this months Liahona makes Jesus look like a Jedi?