Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 16- To be MORMON is to be HAPPY!!!

I saw this on a members Book of Mormon 
and I thought it was cute!!! 
and true... 
To be Mormon IS to be happy!!! 

 We saw the beach!
 My comp is cute...it was awesome!
 Me and all the missionaries went to the Foz de Duro beach on our Prep-Day. We ran around and took pictures and ate the best chocolate crossaints in the WORLD! So good....
Haha Sister has to have a lot of patience 
with my picture taking....
 PORTUGAL IS THE FAROL DA EUROPA! (lighthouse of Europe) 
That is what we call Portugal, so we were all really excited when there was a lighthouse.
Portugal is my second home!

 Windyyyyyyyy!!!!


 We also went mini golfing on our Prep-Day 
which was SO fun!!!!!
Fun fact: The word for golfclub is taco!
 This is the castle of Foz.  
I am pretending to be the queen. Hear ye! Hear ye!
  Last pday was such a boss day! Beach side, my side! Ahhhh I wish I was on the coast. We are so close, like 20 minutes away. 
 Also, I fell this week and scraped up my leg and my hands! Sister Jones had fun patching me up. Hey she wants to be a nurse! 
Good thing she is my comp!
 And we made a delicious quiche. 
Skills, Mama, skills!


Tennis shoes and skirts.

Letter Home:

Hey everyone! This is Sister Barron. This week was, suprise, AWESOME! A note to all of my friends that are about to go on a mission or are thinking about going: This is the one chance we have to live like this! This life is so different, but so fun! Seriously, I am so glad I made the decision to go on a mission. You have times of doubt, times of happiness, and times when you want to scream for joy because HEY, we are alive! 

I want you all to know that as of today I have no shame. And by that I mean that I am wearing a skirt with tennis shoes right now. Ew, so uglyyyy:)  I feel like a Duggar daughter (even though they are pretty) or something. But hey, Sister Jones did it so I had to support my comp:) Maybe we will start jogging in skirts in the morning. Hey, maybe I will make it a fad! Sister Jones saw this on project runway once so I guess it must be legit. 

So the other night me and Sis Jones were knocking doors in this huge predio. (apartment building) We had passed this predio a bunch of times and it is so huge and so white and so promising-looking. So finally we made the decision and started knocking. Most of the doors no one was home, and the people usually weren't interested in talking about Jesus Christ. We ran into this one woman who was really not interested, in fact she was a bit sharp with us. She told us she was sick and that she had no time and that we should leave now. So we told her we were sorry, and that we hoped she would get better. As we were walking out of the building, I decided I would leave her a heart shaped note that said ´´God loves you. Get well soon!´´ Sister Jones thought it was kinda a funny thing to do, but hey, were supposed to turn the other cheek, right? So we left and thought we would never see or speak to her again. We didn't even write down her name. 

So about a week later we were walking past the Big White Predio (or great and spacious building as we like to call it) and this woman comes running down the street to talk to us. She said that she was better and she wanted to talk to us. We just looked at her lovingly, and then as soon as she went in her house for a second we frantically were trying to figure out who she was! We could not!!! She invited us in her house to have a snack, (something we would never refuse), and then I realized who she was when I saw my heart shaped note on her fridge! Her name was Fernanda and she told us that she loved the note we left! Apparently she has a heart disease, and when she saw our note she knew that God was watching out for her. It was really awesome, she was on the verge of tears. She said we can come back again another day. =D Everyone loves to get a nice note! Remember that!

I love you all and hope you have an awesome week! I am praying for you! 

I would like to finish with an excerpt from my favorite Christian Rock song: 

´´I can speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy, but without love I am nothing more than the creeking of a rusty gate. I can speak Gods word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything as plain as day, but without love I am just the whispering of the passing wind. If I give all I have to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but dont have love..........I am nothing. I am bankrupt without love.´´ 

If you figure out what it means, feel free to tell me! hahaha

Sister Barron