Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, June 1, 2015

WEEK 17- I met a tall person! in fact, I met 2!

And I'm not talking about these two angels. They are tall in spirit though! This is us on division! The day I worked with Sister Moncuso, (the redhead). Sister Gutierrez was with Sis Jones, it was so much fun! They are just a little dupla of pure energy. 
It was so fun to work with her for a day. 
We took Sao Mamede by STORM!!!!!
 We wanted to make fried chicken, but we didn't have corn flakes, so the STLs had a great idea to use BRAN CEREAL instead.....
 it was ew...=/ 
 I snagged a picture of baby Joana in her house So cute! =D
 Cool car
 Sister Jones had this really bad blister and this cute ward member named Fernanda fixed her up really nice! I snagged an action shot, Fernanda was unaware. Sneaker!
 This is Beatriz, a little girl we have been teaching for a long time. She really wants to get baptised, she comes to church with her Grandma. Her Mom likes it when we come to teach her daughter so we will continue to do that. She is smarter than a lot of little girls I know when it comes to the gospel. She put together the whole plan of salvation for us! (thanks Aunt Brooklyn for that little set! 
I have used it 3 times!)
In this picture I am doing my best European face. They never show their teeth in pictures, 
it's so funny. =)
The boss volleyball players that we met.

My Letter Home:
Ola to all of my friends, family, and fans ;)))))

This is the last week before the end of transfers. I really want to stay here in Porto! The mission is going to split! That means the work here is progressing! Woooo, more precious souls have entered the waters of baptism! I can feel the motivation we have as a mission, and it is growing!

I worked with another Sister one day this week, something called divisions, and she was this cute, little redheaded sister named Sister Moncuso. It was a little strange to serve with someone that was short! I have gotten so used to being at eye level with my comp! haha 

I learned so much this week. I had a moment when I was actually really sad. And for me, that is kinda unusual. I just felt really inadequate. I knew that it was normal to feel this way, that every missionary goes through this, but that doesn't mean I didn't feel it! It was really hard. But I discovered something that is cool that helped me a lot: I can change my attitude! I decided, then and there, to change my attitude and be happy. And it worked! We talked to so many more people that day, and even if they rejected us, I felt really good inside. With some good old prayer and scripture reading, I was completely able to change my outlook on myself as a missionary! I am doing my best! Why should I ask more than that of myself? 

So we were walking down the streets of Sao Mamede, like a normal day, and we see these giants in the distance. We didn't really think much of it and passed them with a friendly ´´Boa Tarde´´ like normal. Then it hit me. TALL PEOPLE?! In Portugal?!? What?!?! So, simultaneously me and Sister Jones turn around and they turned around too because, here are two tall American girls walking down the street. Everyone here on average is 5 foot! Then we all started talking, bonding over our height and how there is a severe lack of tall people in Portugal. They could speak English pretty well, and they thought it was so cool when they found out we could speak Portuguese. And can I just say something? They were SO COOL! Chillest dudes I have met since coming here (other than Samuel Silva.....I hope he reads my blog Haha). Their names were Marcel and Francisco. They are volleyball players for the Portugal NATIONAL volleyball team! How cool is that?! We just ran into them! They asked us if we played volleyball too. We explained we were missionaries here to preach the gospel. They had a lot of questions about the rules we follow as missionaries (Sister Jones thought they wanted to ask us out haha) but they were so nice and they gave us their numbers! We want to teach them. Hopefully it will happen, but as you can imagine they have a very busy schedule. Before we left I snagged a picture as proof. I love this work, random cool things happen all the time!

I love you all so much! I get to go to Lisbon today to do my residency, and I am so excited. Thanks  for reading my email! I know this church is true!

Sister Barron