Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, June 22, 2015

WEEK 20!!! It's not even about the scenery, (even though I love it) it's about so much MORE!

 This area is so beautiful. The streets are lined 
with trees. This is where we go running 
in the morning. There is a ton of 
interesting graffiti art everywhere.
I call this piece, "The Wedgie Wall".
 Sister McChesney is AWESOME. She was a ballerina at BYU before the mission and now she is a flippin sweet soldier of the Lord. Love that girl. We have a lot of fun together. It's funny because I could totally see myself rooming at BYU with any of my companions so far. They are all total gems and so nice and awesome.
 Some of the views that I wanted to 
capture and remember.
For real???
Another bug to add to the collection. 
These cars will always be my favs.
This is the view from our balcony. 
You can see the ocean and another 
point of the island in the distance.
Sis. Mickey and another beautiful Catholic church.
 Awesome grafitti! Totally epic.
THIS IS PAULO JORGE!!! 
Boxer/Guardian Angel
These are some really cute girls in our ward. 
They are both 15. 
They both want to serve a mission some day!!!
(Sister Jones sent me these pictures from Porto!) This is Joaquim, a recent convert that I used to teach with Sister Jones. We call him our "Padre" (Which is like a Catholic Priest that you confess tour sins to) because we were always just standing at his doorway and he would basically be teaching US. Haha Great times.
Sister Jones with her new companion (not sure of her name)and Joaquim! <3

My Letter Home:


BOM DIA TODOS! 
This is Sister Quincey Brooklyn Barron! 

This is my home address if you feel so inclined to send me a letter:

Rua Manuel Ferreira 9 3D
9500-224 Ponta Delgada
05 Azores, Portugal

This week we had an amazing experience. Sister McChesney had taught this really cute family in the past, she went on and on about how one day they would be sealed in the temple and how I really needed to meet them. A young couple and two small children. So finally we passed by their house about a week ago and they told us in a frank, clipped tone that no, they did not want anything to do with us and that, yes, they were going to continue going to their church. Thank you very much. Sister was heartbroken. I didn't really know them that well, so I didn't feel very affected. But I could see that they were really important to Sister Mickey so that was sad for me. But then, a few days later, we ended up passing them on the street! MIRACLE! We asked if we could come pass by their house again this week and they accepted! DOUBLE MIRACLE! We prepared so hard for this lesson. We wanted to teach like it was the last lesson we would ever teach them. We prayed, practiced, and planned it all. So when we finally went over there, I felt pretty prepared. I could see Sisters hands shaking, she was so scared, she really wanted this lesson to go perfect. We taught the story of Joseph Smith, and asked them questions to gauge what they needed to hear. Then the moment came, I felt it, I needed to bear my testimony. So I did. I told them that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I knew this church was true and that I would not be here if I didn't know. I told them how it was really hard to leave my family, but that I knew it was for a good reason. I told them that the Book of Mormon changed my life, and that it could change theirs too. I told them that my family has so much more unity and love in the household as members of this church, and that I wanted this for them also. The spirit was indescribable. Sister told me to teach like it was my last lesson of my mission, and I can confidently say that I DID. Let me just say that tears were shed, from all four of us. This little Portuguese couple heard my words, and told me that they knew my words were true and that they wanted to be baptized. They had prayed for an answer, and when they ran into us on the street they took that as their answer that YES they should continue seeing us and that YES we really are messengers from God. Missionaries are messengers from God! How cool is that?!?! I just pray now that the Lord will protect this little family. We know that now is the time that Satan will try his best to tear this precious truth from them. Sister McChesney truly has her heart set on seeing them enter the waters of baptism. She is willing to risk it all. And I am too. 


I have made a committment. I am going to give my all. I have brought it all to the sacrificial table and I plan to give it my everything. I have sealed it with my tears. I have ached over this people, prayed over this people, and I sincerely feel that the Lord will hear and answer my prayers. It is a show of faith that I am willing to give. 

I love you all and I hope you all have an opportunity to share the gospel this week with someone that needs it. There is no feeling like it. People are all around you! Just look!

Sister Barron