Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Monday, June 29, 2015

WEEK 21- Five Months of Heaven

Sister Jones sent me some great pictures that I want to share. I am having trouble downloading my pics from this week so these will have to do. =)
This is a sweet little lady we contacted who was sosososos tiny. I tried to give her one of my bracelets, but she wouldn't take it. When she wasn't looking I slipped it in her pocket. Opposite of pick pocketing!!!! Haha we had a good giggle about that as we walked away. X) We hope she smiles when she finds it.

Some pics of dear friends from Amial that Sister Jones sent me...<3


This is Andrea and her daughter (this is the little girl who would steal my tag and I made her one of her own that she would wear to church. You can see that she is wearing it. =) I miss them so much. 



This is a wonderful family....these litte girls loved the Sister missionaries. Sweethearts.

My Letter Home:

I have been thinking a lot this week and I have decided that YES this was the best decision of my life to serve and YES I can speak Portuguese and YES everything about the gospel is true. So there is that.

THIS WEEK I HIT MY 5 MONTH MARK! WOOOOOOOO

I love you all so much! I loved you enough to leave you! if that makes sense...
I feel that the mission is the best way there is to prepare to be a parent and a spouse. It's funny because as missionaries we are NOT allowed to have ANY sort of romantic interactions with people, but I honestly believe that there is not a group of young adults more ready for marriage in the world than mormon missionaries. It's like we are built and trained for committment. I love it. There is no way I am not marrying a returned missionary. Although, remember ladies, an RM is not always going to be a perfect person. There are some wierd ones out there too....

I love my brother Briggs so much. He is my hero. If any of you don't know, Briggs has autism. He has a very hard time speaking and expressing his opinion (unless it is about food XD) I always thought it was sad that he would never be able to serve a mission. It is just out of his range of abilities. But I have used the story of my brother and how much he inspires me many times in my mission. I like to talk about him and the Resurrection, and how we all will be perfected physically after this life. It always brings the spirit really strong to the lesson and makes it a bit more personal. So, in a way, Briggs is serving a mission. He is inspiring people in Portugal! Thank you so much Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to live with an angel on earth. I have eternally been blessed. <3

It's funny because a lot of people ask us who is paying for our missions, as if we are getting paid to walk around and bear our testimonies to people. Well, jokes on you! We are paying to do this with our own money! I like to tell people that I sold my car to come to Portugal (which is totally true) and then they are always really impressed. If you are thinking about going on a mission, I recommend paying for it yourself (or at least as much as you can). A lot of people are impressed and I've had a lot of people be willing to listen to us after telling them that. In fact, the other night this funny old man told us we must be going straight to heaven for paying for our missions. Haha thanks, but that's not how it works;)
A lot of times during lessons I am prompted to tell a story about a friend or family member that I was told. I used one about someone I know in a lesson yesterday about repentance. I will not say who it was, haha but you will know who you are. This friend of mine, we will call her Peggie, when she was a child, was playing marbles with her friends. Her friend had a lot of beautiful marbles, but there was one that was more amazing than all of them. It was large and shiny and special. And this friend wanted it very much. So Peggie took the marble and slipped it in her pocket. Later when Peggie was walking home she felt SO bad and SO guilty that she figured that this stupid marble couldn't hardly be worth feeling so bad! So she got this marble and THREW it as far as her little arm could throw. 

I think all of us can relate to this story, because sometimes, as humans, we do things that hurt our spirits. We sin. All of us sin. None of us are perfect. And that feeling of guilt can really do some damage to us spiritually. Maybe Peggie should have returned the marble to her friend and asked forgiveness, but she wasn't sure what to do in this situation. Sometimes we don't know what to do when we feel this pain. I emplore you all, ask forgiveness! The Lord is just waiting to forgive and forget! He is constantly raining down blessings, but when we commit these little acts we are spiritually putting up an umbrella. Don't do it! 

I love you all and wish you a wonderful week! 
Até próxima!

Loves, Sister Barron
We had a zone conference on the islands. This is my last time seeing Pres. and Sister Fluckiger. They have been released and are headed home. My new mission President is from 
Brazil and his name is Victor Tavares.
I (Paige) received these two pictures from a 
Sister that lives in the ward Quincey is serving in. 
I recognize Paulo Jorge in the top one.