Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

WEEK 2- OPTIMO and Going STRONG!

 PORTU- GALS
 Sisters Barron and Dixon
Our Branch Mission President-
President Jackson

Letter Home:
Hey Everybody!

This week was so fun! I have learned so much about the gospel and about Portuguese. Learning a new language is like wrestling with your brain. I know the words I need are floating around in there somewhere, but I just havent made all the connections yet. I'm progressing though!

This week more Sisters entered the Missionary Training Center than Elders! That is very unusual! We had a girl power moment. The sisters here are all so awesome. I am surrounded by spiritual giants. The elders on the other hand need a little help haha. I feel like I am their mother or something. Every morning I have to beg them to be quiet during personal study. haha It's hard sometimes because they are so hilarious, I want to join in. But I did not come here to make friends. I came here because I love the Lord and I want to serve Him, and when they distract me from that goal I get kinda frustrated. I hope they can realize the seriousness of this calling and start to focus. I'm sure they will. 

Me and my whole district tried to do a "portuguese monday" yesterday, where the only places we were allowed to speak english were our room and the cafeteria. Lemme tell you it was a TOTAL fail ahahahhaha. We all forgot after probably 3 hours ahaha. It is so difficult. We only know gospel words, so speaking in everyday life is so hard

Me and Sister Dixon are getting along great! I love her sweet spirit and excitement for this calling. The other day we were trying to wake ourselves up from 4 hours of Portuguese class, so we went outside to run around in our dresses ahah. Apparently while we were frolicking, she dropped her room key. We realized later and had to go out to find it. After a bit of searching we found it and we were so excited we skipped back to the classroom....well apparently our teacher was watching us out the window and he thought we were the funniest thing. aha...Sister Dixon was asked to say the closing prayer at a huge devotional with all the people in the MTC. As her companion, I had to sit up on the stand with her the whole time. Wow, this is truly God's army. Hearing everyone sing together was an empowering and awesome feeling. haha after the devo I was told probably a baijillion times by strangers that they loved my hair. ahaha thankssss guyssssssssss lololol gosh

The sisters in my district are hilarious. We have so much fun goofing around and being funny. I honestly thinkk they are sending all the spunky sisters to Portugal. Me and sister Elliott play volleyball together everyday during gym time. It is so funny, we smack talk like crazy. It's so fun to play volleyball here with the other missionaries because everyone is a little toooo nice, you know what I mean? haha like they will make sure they don't serve to the weakest passer or they will argue who should have the ball....in favor of the other team hahaha. It's hilarious

I hope you all have a great week! Time flies by so fast, don't waste it! I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Eternal Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know he translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. I have read it, and I cannot deny it. It is the sweetest of blessings. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. He appeared on this continent! In the Americas! He is the Savior of the whole world, not just one half! He came here. to gather His sheep. We are His sheep. And we should follow Him with all of our capabilities.

Ciau! I love you all! 

Sister Barron
Missionary tradition! The pointing picture.