Sister Barron's Picture

Sister Barron's Picture

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 3 - and ready to goooooooo!!!!!!!!!


 This man is one of our cute leaders in the branch! His name is Brother Coffman and he has such a sweet spirit and strong testimony! He makes every Sunday a funday!
 Me and the sisters of district 7c at the temple. I love them all so much!
The Elders thought it would be 
funny to copy us silly girls.
 haha -This is a rainbow horse I drew for my companiera! =D
We are the Sister Giants around this place!!! Both 5'10'' we can hardly fit in the doors :):)

Letter Home:


Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful week! I love all the replies I get from you guys! I wish I had the time to personally reply to all of them, but alas, I only have one hour on Tuesday to email. But know I do read them all! And I appreciate each of your words and testimonies! The support is much needed and much appreciated.

So this week was very eventful for a few reasons. Me and Sister Dixon were called Zone Sister Training Leaders. That means we are leaders over the group of women in our zone. We are so pumped and excited for this responsibility! We have already had so much fun going around and meeting all the sisters and getting to know them better. The main responsibility of this calling is just to love everyone a lot, and that is definitely something we can do well. Bring it onnnn!

We were teaching our investigators Bruno and Rodriga this week, and our teachers challenged us to teach without using a "script". It is so scary to walk into an appointment not knowing if you will have the words to answer their questions. But we had faith in the Lord and we had worked really hard, so we walked into that appointment with our heads held high. Bruno is pretty difficult to talk to. He kinda has a hard heart towards God and seems a little hopeless. We want so badly to connect with him and show him the joys of this life! I think we made a breakthrough! He could sense how hard we were trying to speak the words of our hearts to him.

This week was our first TRC. I forget what the acronym stands for, but basically what it is is we have the opportunity to teach people who are already members of this church. In Portuguese. Jeez it never stops haha. But it was seriously the funnest experience. They totally appreciate your efforts, and many of them have been on a mission themselves, usually to Brasil. They see themselves in us, missionaries that are trying so hard to do what the Lord wants and learn this language. It was a total spiritual pump up. It got me so excited for the rest of the week and the rest of my mission.

Me and Sister Dixon are seriously best friends. I know we will be friends for the rest of our lives. I haven't mentioned this to her, but I would totally be cool with rooming with her after the Mish. she is that awesome. Everyday we laugh so much, it is hilarious. We will laugh so hard we will try to not pee our pants haha. or skirts or whatever...

There is this one Elder in our zone who has this whistle. I have no idea where he got it from or why he has it. I think someone sent it to him for Valentines day. Anyway, literally every time I walk by him he ALWAYS blows this dumb little whistle haha, It is actually pretty funny. I always react dramatically because I know that's what he wants. Jeez, missionaries are so easily entertained. Its funny and pitiful at the same time.

The other night we were at a devotional and the speaker was teaching about the Doctrine of Christ. What that consists of is 1. All men naturally know the difference between good and evil. 2. We must all use the healing power of Christ's Atonement in our everyday lives. 3. We much repent of our sins. 4. We must be baptised by the proper authority of God and 5. We must receive the gift of the Holy Ghost so we can know what we should do. Luckily I was listening really intently because all of a sudden the speaker walks down into the audience and walks up to ME and asks me to TEACH THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST TO EVERYONE. EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE MTC. THAT IS MORE THAN 1000 MISSIONARIES AND HUNDREDS OF ADULT LEADERS! Oh man I was so nervous. I think I was shaking. I was definitely sweating. But I went up there and I taught the Doctrine of Christ with all I got. I stumbled a little on my words, but I remembered it all and finished with a bang. Everyone applauded me! It was great! I felt like dropping the mic or something. Oh no it switched to italics. I don't know how to switch it back. Anyway, it was an awesome experience and everyone was telling me I did great for the rest of the night. and telling me they love my hair. Oh gosh thanks yallllllll

I hope you all have a wonderful week! You are in my prayers! I love the spirit I get from your emails! It is a total spiritual pump up! I know this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our heavenly brother and that he suffered on the cross and in the garden of Gethsemane to redeem all our sins. I know that Christ is the Savior of the whole world. He appeared in the Americas as well as the other side of the world. He is the God of the whole world, and he loves all of us. I love the Lord and I love this gospel! I am so committed to doing this mission, you can't believe it! The other day I was sitting in Relief Society (a meeting just for women) and I was just thinking how hard the next year and a half are going to be. Suddenly the Spirit came over me and I heard in my mind "You are going to do this mission, and you are going to be great. You are much more powerful than you know. Do not worry about the hardships of the upcoming months, because you can do all things through Christ." I just got this huge feeling that I need to STOP worrying and START trusting the Lord. So that is what I am going to do. Bring it on Portugal! Sister Barron is crazy and pumped and ready to spread this gospel like you can't imagine! 

LOVE you all! Sister Barron